From the Designers
"Smith + Rune basically started as an accident, born out of frustration and with a simple goal of making 5-10 boards for ourselves and friends. What followed after designing the IRON series was completely unexpected! We never in a million years thought of starting a keyboard company, just a solid, simple keyboard and nothing more. With our original goal more than achieved, the question then became where to go from there.
The natural path meant more layouts in the IRON series but we always knew that someday we’d have to release another series. This is probably the scariest moment for a new company. It is both inevitable and risky. How do you essentially start from scratch without relying on the success of your debut creation? Or worse than starting from scratch, how do you engineer something that will 100% be compared to your first design? After many failed ideas and countless other designs we’re finally ready to reveal our latest keyboard, the MAGNUS175, an idea worthy of our name."
- 8-degree typing angle
- Screwless, floating design (no visible screws)
- Top-mount Dampened leaf spring system
- FEA-optimized plate for consistency on every press
- Cork dampeners (with other options being tested and considered)
- Low-profile front height
- QMK/VIA PCB by Gondo (solderable and hotswap)
- Unified USB-C daughterboard and JST cable
- All aluminum construction w/anodized top and bottom
- Matching badge and mid accent piece available in various colors and materials
- Custom feet (bumpon compatible)
- SE version with alum, 1580 grams when built
- SE version with Brass/Copper, 2060 grams when built
- CE version, 3450 grams when built
Addons and Customizations
- Midpiece accents in different materials and colors
- Badges in different materials and colors
- Hotswap, solderable PCB, and JST+DB set
- Several plate materials
- Internal marks are not considered. Screw holes are considered as an internal side.
- Brass and Copper is a natural materials and may have tiny dots if observed at a close distance.
- The recommended viewing distance for judging the product is around 50cm under regular lighting conditions with the keyboard sitting on a desk.
- Marks can be seen under harsh light or certain angles of view are not considered.
- All the units will be QC-ed thoroughly by iLumkb Team. Grade A will be determined by the final product we received, but we can't promise it is in perfect condition. We may not hit your expectations for an A-stock grade but what we can provide you is our thorough QC.
Group Buy Timing
Feb 25th, 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM SGT, 2 hours window
Either sell out or hit the time limit, whichever happens first
The Addon link will be live one hour before(9:00 PM SGT), customers can add addons to the cart first.
The estimated delivery time will be Dec 2023
Standard Edition 150 units
Collector Edition 40 units (Each will be serialized and numbered inside)
CE has an alum top, brass bottom case in E-White, brass or copper badge/accent midpiece on your choice.