- Choice of WK, WKL, or MX HHKB top
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim, choice of hotswap or solderable
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press (see analysis below)
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base and contrasting aluminum accent "weight". Please refer to the prototype photos and renders for a visual depiction.
Iron160 Keyboard Kit
- $689 SGD w/black anodized aluminum bottom
- $1009 SGD w/full copper bottom (sandblasted, matte finish, not brushed)
Add-ons and Extras
- Hotswap PCB w/daughterboard and JST cable - $89 SGD
- Solderable PCB w/daughterboard and JST cable - $89 SGD
- Copper plate - $74 SGD
- Forged carbon plate - $74 SGD
- FR4 plate - $44 SGD
- Polypropylene plate - $59 SGD
- Polycarbonate plate - $59 SGD
- Aluminum plate - $59 SGD
- Brushed brass accent weight (compatible with IRON165r2) - $89 SGD
- Brushed copper accent weight (compatible with IRON165r2) - $95 SGD
- Brushed stainless steel accent weight (compatible with IRON165r2) - $132 SGD
- Salvun copper artisan keycap - $89 SGD
- Smith + Rune artisan keycaps available in all three colors (anodized aluminum) - $56 SGD
- Extra gasket set - $12 SGD
There will be two plate layout options available in ILUMKB.
All plates support split backspace and stepped caps.
- Tsangan (7u bottom row)
- ANSI (6.25u bottom row)
- If a hotswap PCB is chosen, your kit will come with a Tsangan plate which is the ONLY compatible plate with a hotswap PCB.
- Due to physical key compatibility with the case, an ANSI plate is only an option when choosing a WK top.
- Due to physical key compatibility with the case, WKL and MX HHKB tops will come with a Tsangan plate
Hotswap PCB Supported Layouts
Optimized Plate, the Process, and FEA analysis
Using FEA (finite element analysis) we were able to measure the simulated force on each switch plate hole to see how the plate would react to this force. The maximum displacement was recorded for every switch plate hole and relief cuts were added to the plate (iteratively) to try and make the displacement equal across all switch holes. The results are measured in max displacement in mm 10^-2. See the original IRON165 IC for details on how we went through testing methods.
What's In The Box
- Iron160 Keyboard
- Aluminum Plate
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable, choice of either Hotswap or Solderable
- Gaskets and all mounting hardware
- Custom screws for flush-mount look
- New custom carrying hard case w/CNC foam inserts
YouTube Videos and Typing Tests
For more details, please check geekhack iron160 IC post here.
For GB information (When, Where and How to purchase), kindly refer to this page.